Have you been intrigued — but perhaps also a bit intimidated — by the powerful healing and enlightening practices available to you within the Chinese wisdom lineage?
These wisdom gifts from China connect you with the “wind of life” (Qi) and the way (the Tao) of being in the world that leads to harmony with all that is.
On Thursday, August 18, you can join Qigong and Tai Chi grandmaster Ken Cohen for an hour-long immersion in exploring and experiencing the stillpoint-tapping power of a Yi Quan Qigong standing meditation.
Yi Quan (pronounced YEE-CHUEN) consists of brief, easy-to-learn postures, exercises, and meditations that improve skills used in Tai Chi, Qigong, sports and everyday life.
Like Tai Chi, Yi Quan is both a healing art and a vocabulary of martial arts skills. Yet, unlike Tai Chi, it does not require learning a long and complex choreography.
You can register here for Discover Yi Quan Qigong for Health, Mental Clarity & Self-Defense: Explore a Little-Known Movement & Meditation Practice at the Root of Chinese Martial Arts: https://shiftnetwork.infusionsoft.com/go/yqq/a23547
In this 60-minute free online event, you’ll:
- Learn how Yi Quan combines meditation and Qigong in a series of simple motions based on animals, water, and ancient martial arts
- Experience a guided standing practice — emphasizing the elements of properly aligned posture, distributed weight, balanced breathing, and relaxed (slightly bent) joints — to feel rejuvenated and activated
- Connect with the archetypal energy of the bear through mythos and posture as a symbol of nature’s vitality and healing power that come from grounding in a solid stance
- Explore a brief history of Yi Quan — and how Ken transmits authentic knowledge by virtue of his tutelage by teachers who trace back to the style’s originator, Wang Xiangzhai
- Discover how you can apply this easy-to-learn Qigong practice into your daily life for health and wellness
Through strategic and powerful standing and walking meditations, animal movements based on the bear and the turtle, and other simple flowing exercises, you release dysfunctional habits, preserve the health of your joints, improve balance and coordination, deepen your breath, and mobilize hidden resources of strength.
However, body training is only half the answer. Yi Quan includes sophisticated methods of healing imagery to train mental focus, relaxation, inner peace, and connection with nature.
Ken will introduce this dynamic system to you with a blend of story, Qigong insights, and standing meditation exercises to refine your posture, align your breathing patterns, and replenish your energy reserves.
You can RSVP for free here: https://shiftnetwork.infusionsoft.com/go/yqq/a23547
P.S. In Discover Yi Quan Qigong for Health, Mental Clarity & Self-Defense: Explore a Little-Known Movement & Meditation Practice at the Root of Chinese Martial Arts with Ken Cohen…
… you’ll explore the unique benefits of the ancient Qigong style that underlies Kung Fu and Tai Chi to refine your posture, align your breathing patterns, and replenish your energy reserves — for optimal mind/body/spirit wellness..
We hope you’re able to catch the event as scheduled. But if you register and miss it, you’ll receive a downloadable recording as soon as it’s available: https://shiftnetwork.infusionsoft.com/go/yqq/a23547